Site in a Box
Site in a Box is a product developed to assist customers wanting to build quickly in harsh and extreme conditions. The SIB has been mobilized with great success in the South Pacific. The SIB has a number of advantages that make it stand out. It suits applications for heights up to 65m.
The SIB series towers are supplied complete with legs, web members, base plates, ladders, rest platforms, Ground Platform.The following items are supplied as specified:
- Tower grounding. Comes with a standard copper ring around the platform laid below ground. The platform itself acts as a good conductor which will then be connected to the ring.
- Tower lighting. This may be either conventional red obstruction lights or strobe lights.
- Tower painting.
- An interchange platform can be supplied at the top to facilitate access to a top mounted antenna.
- A cable ladder to support transmission lines.
- Antenna mounts to suit specified antennas.
- Antennas and transmission lines are as specified by the customer.
- Ladder safety climbing device and accessories.
- Antenna ice guards.
- Transmission line gantry.
- For microwave solid and grid antenna applications up to 1800 mm diameter, depending on height and environmental loadings conditions.
- For supporting GSM, UHF, VHF, YAGI and reflector type antennas.
- Various other antenna types, sizes and loading conditions can be accommodated utilizing suitable sections of the tower.
- Check with LeBLANC Group Engineering Department for application.
- The SIB series is a standard configuration. The tower top face width is 1200 mm.
- The legs are 90° angle members. Maximum leg length is 5800mm for ease of shipping.
- The bracing members are bolted 90° angles. A ladder is mounted inside the tower for climbing.
- Antenna mounts can be fitted to either the leg or face of the tower.
- Platform – Acts as the foundation for the tower. The platform comprises of I beams and plates designed to create a boxing which will be backfilled with gravel. The platform must be assembled on a flat platform with the soil bearing capacity between 70Kpa to 90Kpa
- Equipment platform – A standard unit normally comes with platforms for 3 RBS’s, 2 gensets, 1 fuel tank, 1 Power distribution Unit. The equipment platform level can be raised for flood prone areas.
- The equipment layout can be designed to the client’s requirements.
- All structural members conform to ISO EN 10025 and JIS 3101 or equivalent Standards.
- All welding conforms to the requirements of the AWS D1.1/D1.1 M:2008 AS/NZS 1554.1:2004 and Standards.
- Towers are designed in accordance with TIA/EIA-222- G-2005, BS8100, SABS/SANS 10160, AS 1170-2, AS 3995, CSA S37-2001 Standards or other applicable standards for the wind and ice loads specified for the particular site.
- All material is hot-dipped galvanized after fabrication to ISO 1461, AS/NZS 4680 or ASTM A123 Standards.
- All structural bolts conform to ASTM Standard A325 and galvanized to ASTM Standard A153.
- Manufacturing quality conforms to ISO 9001: 2001 Standard.