LeBLANC recognise that our own and our customers’ environmental (e.g. resource efficiency, waste) and social performance (e.g. OH&S, labour practices, human rights, business ethics, community involvement) is a factor in our long-term success. We are committed to understanding and managing the environmental and social impacts of our operations, including the procurement of products and services. Being a leader in procurement policy and practice is integral to our goal of making a sustainable contribution
This policy relates to how LeBLANC will move to ensure we procures and uses products and services and aims to integrate environmental and social considerations into our procurement policies and practices. We recognise that improving our environmental and social performance is an ongoing process and that our suppliers, both large and small, are important partners in our journey of becoming more sustainable. As part of the process to manage and continuously improve our environmental and social performance, LeBLANC is committed to:
- Integrating environmental and social considerations into our procurement policies and practices;
- Encouraging suppliers to adopt practices that minimise environmental and social impacts; and
- Supporting the intent of LeBLANCs’ Environment Charter and other relevant sustainability policies.
This policy sets the expectation for how we procure products and services across all LeBLANC businesses.
This policy provides the context for the development of detailed category specifications which will be developed to guide the procurement of products and services across LeBLANC.
Our aims and objectives are to:
- Identify opportunities to minimise our environmental and social impact through better selection of products and services;
- Identify opportunities to minimise our environmental and social impact through improved usage of procured products and services;
- Enhance our relationships with our suppliers by engaging them on how we can work together to achieve this; and,
- Where appropriate, provide feedback to our key strategic suppliers about their own environmental and social performance and assist them to make improvements.